Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A thought...or two

The devil is a scheming, conniving, little ... Well you know.

Last night he decided to mess with my baby. We put Emma to bed just like normal, but within just a few moments she was screaming. I let Aaron try to put her back in bed and after that did not calm her down I took a turn. When I went in there she was screaming, shaking, and she just clung to me. She kept telling me it was scary. I got her to calm down a little bit but any time I moved she would start up again. I then began to pray out loud over her. I called on Jesus to calm her and cast out her fears. She calmed down, stopped shaking and when I kissed her goodnight, she just rolled right over and went to sleep.

Well, that made me mad. The devil can mess with me but not my babies. And guess what? He decided to take me up on that. I did not sleep well at all last night (and I even took one of my sleeping pills). I had dreams (that I can't remember) that made me sit straight up in bed, heart pounding. Then this morning was just not a good morning. Every little thing was getting on my worn out nerves. AHHHHH!!

But, the devil ended up losing this round. I went straight to The Source of my life. I spent time praying and the Holy Spirit led me to Matthew 11:28-30. I read it over and over, just soaking it in.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
I have more energy now than when I woke up and I have peace. In fact things that typically I struggle to handle well are not wearing me down. The Holy Spirit is continually bringing key words from this passage to my mind. For me those words are: come, rest, gentle, humble, easy, light. I wonder what stands out to you. Go to The Source and be comforted, held, restored.

No comments: