Thursday, March 11, 2010

God is Good!

I have spent the past few days struggling with my latest blood work results. Two months ago my blood work showed hypothyroidism (an under active thyroid). I then began taking medication to help correct this problem. After two months of being on the medication I wasn't seeing any great improvement in my fatigue and general well being. I just figured I would need to have the medication adjusted again.

I had my blood work redone last week and then went to the doctor this past Monday. I was totally taken off guard when he told me that we were now over medicating the thyroid. WHAT?! Needless to say I feel really bad for the doctor, because I just sat there and cried. (The good news in all of the blood work was that my cholesterol is at normal levels for the first time in about 7-8 years--without medication.)

My poor doctor felt like he had failed me and felt bad that he couldn't make things right. But as I spent the trip back home and all day Tuesday going through the roller coaster of emotions and spending tons of time praying, it was like a light bulb went off in my mind. I had prayed and been prayed for that I would be completely healed. Is that what happened? I don't know for sure.

I have begun to wonder if I have been healed in the spiritual realm and now my human body has to catch up to that healing. If so, praise God. He is good.

If that is not what has happened, that is OK too. I have come to the realization that I have allowed my "feelings" to rule my life for the past two years. I have had enough of the drama surrounding my health. I may not sleep through the night ever again. I may never feel completely rested ever again. But that is OK. I know the One who will sustain me, who controls all things and works all things for His good. I will live my life full of joy in Him and in the salvation He has given me. He is good.

Healed or not, I am thankful for God's love and His strength. I will be joyful. God is so good and His love is so amazing.

No comments: