Thursday, June 25, 2009

Today I am Thankful for...

...the sovereignty of God. This past week has been a roller coaster of emotions, questions, heartbreak and joy. I attended the funeral of a 6 year old little girl whose mother is a friend and co-worker. This little girl's life was an amazing story of God's miraculous touch. She wasn't supposed to live to be a day old and then just after her first birthday she had open heart surgery. This little girl defied the statistics and grew and was active in soccer and ballet. She was such a beautiful girl and while I have felt angry at times and asked God "why?" I know that she is now dancing in Heaven with Jesus. Her funeral was attended my hundreds of people which speaks to the love for her and her family. My heart has been broken for my friend and her husband and her big sister. But then I am reminded that she is happy, healthy and whole. The mix of emotions within this situation is heavy.


God has reminded me that Emma completed the tasks that He had ordained for her from the beginning of time. He also has reminded me that God does not give us anything more than we can handle-and so I stand amazed at the strength of Jen and Greg. God also has reminded me that His love for us is so perfect, and that is reflected in His will and His timing. God's sovereignty is so amazing to me and it is a quality that I am learning to lean into more and more. No matter what is going on in your life, know this: God loves you more than you can comprehend and that love can give you power to face any circumstance, you just have to rest in it and embrace it.

No comments: