Monday, January 16, 2012

A new week...

Sometimes, you don't just need a new day to start over, you need a new week.

Last week we started our week off with the stomach flu. Stephen got sick late Sunday night. At first we thought it might be that he overate at dinner. That theory was quickly shot down as he was up every 20 minutes or so. It was so sad. It lasted for about 5 hours. It was a long night for mommy and daddy too. In fact Aaron got up and headed in to work over an hour early. (And he goes to work early as it is.)

Well, I tried to work from home on Monday. I was able to get some things done as well as take a nap. :)

Tuesday we headed out for school and work as normal. Tuesday was one of those crazy days. Alex had a basketball game at 4:00 on the east side of town. Aaron had a game at home at 6:00 and I had a meeting at 7:00. Fortunately, we all seemed to be doing OK, just tired.

Then it all changed. Aaron started to feel sick. He decided to spend the night in the basement so that I could sleep. That was such a thoughtful thing to do, until Emma woke up and got sick. So I was up most of the night anyway. Aaron and Emma seemed to have a bit more severe form of what Stephen had but it still only seemed to last for about 5-6 hours. But by then they were so drained and tired.

I tried to work for a little bit in my office on Wednesday morning but was so tired that I headed home. I took a nap, did a little disinfecting and then did a little catch up on work. I am so thankful my job is flexible and I can move my hours around as well as work from home.

Thursday we once again all headed off to work and school. Emma didn't want to go, but she had not been sick for 24 hours and was not running a fever, so it was off to school. It was great to sit in my office and actually be able to work on those things that I couldn't do from home. On Thursday's Emma stays for daycare and I generally pick her up around 3:00. Well, at 2:00 my phone rang and the nurse said she was coughing and now running a fever. UGH!! So I picked her up and we waited for the boys to finish their school day.

By the time we got home, Emma no longer had a fever. And Alex had a game so we all headed to a town about 45 minutes away. We went to Friendly's for dinner. As we were finishing, Jackson headed to the bathroom and when he came back he said his stomach hurt. OH NO!!! Well, he was very upset that we wouldn't let him get ice cream but we didn't want anything else in his stomach on the ride home. Fortunately we made it and he didn't end up getting sick.

Friday I couldn't take Emma to school since she had a fever within the past 24 hours. So after we took the boys to school, we came home, cuddled on the couch and watched Tangled. Aaron got done at work early and so I headed into work after lunch. Again, it was nice to get some prep work done for Sunday that just could not be done at home.

This was Homecoming weekend at the school. So Friday afternoon and evening was filled with basketball games, followed by the alumni game and the Homecoming court and coronation. Saturday, Aaron and I helped serve at the Homecoming banquet. It was fun to see all the kids all dressed up.

It was such a long, tiring, and crazy week. While there were definitely highlights, it was one of those weeks you would like to forget or at least fast forward through.

I am thankful for a new week. I hope that this one is less eventful (at least for those "unplanned" events).

No comments: