Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A thought...or two

I am not sure where to start. I have been overwhelmed during the last two days with a heaviness in my heart and spirit. I know that there are specific reasons for some of my feelings. However, on many levels there is a sense of unknown.

This I do know: "The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect [me] from the evil one." (2 Thessalonians 3:3) I also know that "God did not give [me] a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline." (2 Timothy 1:7)

I believe that spiritual battles are very real. "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Ephesians 6:11-12) I know that for whatever reason I am being brought to my knees. The enemy is trying hard to discourage me, but my God is so much bigger and His love for me is overwhelming: "the love of Christ...that surpasses knowledge" (Ephesians 3:18-19)

So for this moment or space of time I will continue to go to God and be in His presence with His truths and promises. Won't you join me? There is truly no better place to be anyway, no matter the circumstances.

To end I want to share a quote with you (I have no idea who said it or where it came from):
"It is time to stop telling God how big our mountains are and instead tell our mountains how big our God is."

No comments: