Friday, November 6, 2009

Thankful for...

a day at home with my kids. I didn't work yesterday due to our sitter taking the day off, though I probably would have taken the day off anyway as I didn't feel the greatest.

After the oldest two got on the bus, I cleaned for a while and then I had a blast with Stephen and Emma. We made a quick trip to Walmart. As we were preparing to leave I told Stephen to not let me forget to get peanut butter, to which he said, "Maybe you should make a list mom." So instead of me making the list he got to do it in the car on the way to the store. We didn't need a lot, and he was able to sound out everything and write it down. He was so proud. So was I. He carried that list through the store, making sure we didn't forget anything.

We then stopped by McDonald's for the kids lunch. They had cleaned the playroom earlier and wanted to eat lunch at the table in the playroom. It was great.

After taking Stephen to school it was time for Emma to lay down for a nap. But first we laid together and read a book and talked. It was so precious. I left her room and went to my bed to take a nap. But first listened to her talk and then sing.

It was a great day. I think I need to plan to take more days off just to be with my kiddos. They are growing up way to fast. I want to enjoy them now. God has richly blessed me with four amazing children.

No comments: