Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Mumblings

Well, last week was a busy week and one in which our household was feeling a bit under the weather. We are still fighting colds, though thankfully no one has gotten the flu. For that we are very thankful.

Last week was filled with lots of meetings, even into the evenings, as well as basketball. Go figure!? I had so many meetings on my schedule last week I am amazed that anything got done.

The basketball team had their first playoff game on Tuesday night. The girls played so well and it was a fun game to watch. They won which moved them on to play on Saturday. Unfortunately Saturday was a tough game. The girls played hard but lost. It was a great season.

My mom came out for a visit beginning on Friday. We were a bit uncertain if she would be able to make the trip due to weather issues on both ends of the flight. She said they got about 8 inches of snow the night before her flight. Then out here, we had high winds. She had a layover in Chicago and at the gate next to hers they cancelled two flights to Philadelphia due to the winds. She was flying into Harrisburg and for whatever reason her flight remained on time. She said it wasn't even that bumpy. We are thankful she arrived safely.

She was able to attend the game on Saturday to see Aaron coach and the girl's play. Her trip also coincided with a memorial service for a man who I grew up calling "Grandpa". It was a beautiful service and tribute to him. Grandpa Kern's daughter is married to my mom's brother, so there is a family connection. At the service there was quite a mix of people I knew in my childhood as well as those I have recently met. At times it felt a bit surreal.

Another newsworthy event of this past week is that I accepted the position of Head Coach for the Girl's Varsity Soccer Team at Lititz Christian. The season starts in one week. So needless to say we are planning to enjoy this week between soccer and basketball. :-)

I hope that you all have a blessed week.

No comments: