Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Monday Mumblings

WOW, it's Tuesday. Yep, it's going to be one of those weeks.


Last week was crazy. We ended up with a total of 9 basketball games in 6 days. I am not sure what else actually happened last week. :-)


We did finally make it through a full week of five full days of school. That was nice, especially in light of our evenings being jammed full. I love routine. I was about to lose my mind with the craziness and inconsistency of the past few weeks.


Thursday evening we thought the girl's team had finished their season, though there was still a slim chance they could make it into regional play. And we found out Friday morning that they did. So the season continues. Though they do get a nice break and do not have to play again until next week.


We had one free night last week and that was Friday night. So after a much needed grocery store run, we had family movie night. We watched "Over the Hedge", which I actually had never fully seen. It was a cute movie but really it was just great to all cozy up on the couch and be together.


Saturday brought the second games of double elimination tournament play for Alex and Jack. Jack's team won their scheduled game and then turned around to play another, which they lost. However, Jack played amazingly well. He scored, made a free throw, got some steals, rebounds and overall played his best basketball so far. We were talking about how much he has improved over this season. He was disappointed to see his season end. Alex's team then played and they too lost. He also played really well and was sad that the season is over.


Well, yesterday was Valentine's Day and I hope that in some form it was expressed to you that you are loved. I received 11 roses. A tradition that Aaron has started is that when I get a bouquet of roses, Emma gets one. She loves it and so do I. It just makes my heart so happy to see her face light up and the pride in Daddy's eyes. I would gladly take the 1 and give her the 11. I am so richly blessed by the love of an amazing man, four wonderful children, and lots of family and friends. But I loved the reminder of the most amazing love I know in the sunrise that He painted yesterday morning. It was the most beautiful valentine! A reminder of God's greatest act of love: John 3:16.

No comments: