Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday Mumblings




Oh YEA! The Green Bay Packer's won the Super Bowl. I am ecstatic. There was a lot of yelling and dancing in our home last night. (Even after the kids were in bed.)


This last week was another crazy one. But not a lot to report. Just busy.


The boys were supposed to have games Saturday, but we had a quick system move through overnight that caused some ice so the games ended up being cancelled. We were rather lazy for the morning. It was nice. I headed into work to get some things done before Sunday. (I am amazed at how much I get done when I am the only one in the building and I can crank up my music.)


In the evening we allowed the kids to take some of their Christmas and birthday money as we headed to Toy's R Us and Wal-mart. We realized rather quickly that this was a mistake. First of all, we should have done it with each child individually. Too much, "you should get this or that". Also, we found that a few of our children wanted to figure out how to spend it all. If something only cost $9 and they had $20, then they had to find another $11 worth of stuff. Guess what we are going to working on with our kids? Giving, Saving, and Spending.


This upcoming week is one that will probably fly by. We are looking at a total of 8 basketball games this week. However, at the end of the week we should be just about done with basketball if not completely done. I have loved this season for the boys as well as for Aaron, but I am ready for a break from the crazy schedules.

Have a great week.

No comments: