Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Amazed

"I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene..."

Yesterday was one of those days. It was very emotional as I worked through the heartbreak of a dear friend's news. Also I dealt with the emotional roller coaster of seeing others losing their battle of life here on this earth. Young and not so young. It is hard to look at the harshness of this life and not feel overwhelmed and heartbroken.

Last evening after coming home from my great job in one of my paid off vehicles and enjoying a yummy dinner with my family, I sat on the deck of my 3 year old house, with my loving husband, and watched our 4 healthy children run around and play in our beautiful backyard.

I don't know what the future holds, but for this moment I will chose to see the reality of God's amazing blessings in my life. He has allowed painful times in my life, but the painful times are a reminder that I am being pruned. And I can't be pruned if I am not attached to the vine. Praise God! I think too often I find myself dwelling on the painful pruning process, whether that be waiting for it (like waiting for the other shoe to drop) or experiencing it. And in that time of dwelling I miss the moments of fruit that God allows in my life. I have been amazingly blessed.

"How Wonderful! How Marvelous! is the Savior's love for me."

No comments: