Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today I am Thankful for...

...Alexander. My oldest son turns 9 this Saturday. (No, I am not old enough, but somehow it happened.) He is an amazing boy. God has gifted him with brains and athletic ability. God also felt that Alex would be strong enough to handle the challenges of ADHD. Though there are days where Alex struggles to remain focused or to accomplish a task from start to finish, at the end of the day he is such a joy. We call him "the professor" because he always has an answer or a reason for any question or comment. (Scary thing is, he is usually correct.) He loves to read and he is a gifted writer as well. He loves a lot of sports and has the ability to "pick it up" quickly and excel. This fall he is going to be trying his hand (or foot) at football. We are excited to watch this new phase. Alex will soon complete the 3rd grade-moving on to "upper" elementary. WOW-where has time gone. Happy Birthday Alex. Mommy loves you!

...dressing up. Aaron and I are going to a banquet tonight and we get to put on some fancy duds and have a nice dinner. There is something about looking good for your husband that makes it even more special. I love to look good for him and also to show the world that I have a man who is worth looking good for when we are in public. Plus he doesn't look bad at all when he has to get dressed up.

...coffee. I know my husband would say I am addicted and maybe I am, but I would hate to have to deal with myself without it. I love the smell of it while it's brewing and I love to savor it throughout the morning, and the occasional evening as well. And of course, on mornings like today when Em is up before 6:30, it's a great "pick me up" to get the day moving. And in case you were wondering, the coffee of choice is Starbucks. :-)

No comments: