Thursday, April 2, 2009

Today I am Thankful for...

...the "living and active" word of God. It always amazes me when I actually take the time to dwell in His word on a daily basis, how different my perspective on life can be. (Kind of makes me wonder why I don't do it every day!) Today I spent time with God in the book of James (one of my favorites) and then into 1 Corinthians. My ability to cope with the chaos of the morning, with the demands of my children, with the hurting people on the phone has been strengthened. His word is so powerful and I love that it is alive and active-in me.

...Stephen. He made my morning a great one. He is the one child I get one on one time with in the car. (Captive audience.) He was in a grouchy mood, but after some teasing and funny voices he was soon giggling. We had such a great time waiting in the preschool drop off line.

...the health of my children. I am painfully aware of other mothers who cannot say the same thing. I pray for their children to be healed and for the strength to fight for those children when they cannot fight for themselves. But each story of someone's child being sick, reminds me to be grateful for the health of my children. This winter was filled with lots of cruddy stuff, but nothing more serious than a fever and the flu. I thank God for that.

No comments: