Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Car Rides with the kids and God

I have been loving the trip from the house to daycare this week. It is Spring Break so all of the kids are spending the day at daycare. We began the week working on memorizing ALL of John 3:16. They all knew at least the first half. Yesterday it was awesome to listen to them share the story of Palm Sunday and then work through to Christ's Resurrection and ascension. Today we talked about Judas and Peter's betrayals and their different responses to their sins. We talked about how even when we mess up (no matter how big it is) God can still use us. It was really cool to hear Alex talk about how Peter was called "rock" by Jesus. I got to explain that a little bit more to him and his siblings.
They get it!! And that is the coolest part. I love to hear them talk about the Bible, the works of Christ, and to hear them pray. I have been so richly blessed and they are such testaments to the simple faith of children.
__________________________________________________________
On another note, Stephen was officially born. :-)
OK-I had to get his birth certificate so that he can go to Kindergarten. My baby boy is going to Kindergarten. I have spent the past few days reflecting on this fact. It is hard to believe that in a few months I will have only one child that is NOT in elementary school. CRAZY! (On another side note-hopefully no one will be in diapers at that point. After 9 straight years of diapers, I think I am ready for that phase to pass.) I know that Stephen is so excited to go to school with his older brothers and ride the bus, and I think Alex and Jack are excited to show him the ropes. Time sure does fly by, it definitely makes me appreciate the little things
-like the car rides filled with TRUTH.

No comments: