Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This Past Week in Review

Well this last week held a lot of...you guessed it...basketball.

Last Tuesday night the girl's team played a team that was located about 60 minutes away (based on traffic, during rush hour thru the capitol, with snow falling rapidly). The girl's honestly did not play well and lost. Then we had to make the trek back home. I think it took about 90 minutes to get home. Having lived in Indiana for many years, it was quite a shock to drive in snow here in PA where they basically shut down until the storm passes. The major highways were AWFUL!!!! I was amazed, considering we had been under the Winter Weather Advisory for two days. I don't mind driving in some snow but there were inches upon inches of snow on the roads and no gravel or salt.

The kids had a two hour delay on Wednesday. Then came home from school and played outside. It was windy and bitter cold by then, but they were so excited to play in snow. (I posted pictures last week.)

Friday night was again spent in a gym for basketball. Another loss.

Saturday we geared up for three basketball games in four hours. Jack had two games and Alex had one. Aaron motivated the boys to play well by promising a secret treat. Jack scored his first basket of the season in the last minutes of the second game. It was thrilling, for us and for him. (And of course I didn't have my camera.) He also had some steals and played great defense. Alex was supposed to get 5 rebounds. That did not happen but he played well and had an amazing block. (The kid can get up when he wants to.)

We all took naps and then I went into work for a bit Saturday afternoon so we decided to treat the kids to their reward on Sunday afternoon. We went to Chuck E Cheese. We did not eat, we just got a bunch of tokens and everyone played. It was fun. With the kids getting older it really isn't as chaotic as it used to be to go to such places.

Well Monday the kids had off school for MLK Day. They helped me out at church with some sorting and counting of Easter eggs. (I am just under three months away from the biggest event our church does in the community each year. So everyone is getting the chance to help.) Our day wrapped up with a doctor's appointment, waiting on medication to be filled, a basketball practice, and set up and execution of a meeting all within the same 3-4 hour time slot. But it all got done.

Overnight we got some snow which at some point turned to ice. So we are home bound today. Kids are currently spread throughout the house, actually playing quietly and nicely. I think we will soon have a movie date on the couch and then lunch. Days like this are a gift as I look at my children who are growing up way to fast. (I will have two children in double digits this year! That's crazy!) So I am off to cuddle and enjoy my kiddos.

Have a great week. Maybe next week I will actually get on track with my weekly posts. HA!!

No comments: