Friday, January 21, 2011

Food for the Soul

Well, this week was better. I spent some time crying and talking things out with two of my greatest friends: God and my husband. After some of my revelations this past weekend, I began to soften my heart and shift my focus a bit.

Each day is a new day. We cannot change the mistakes or choices made yesterday. I had gotten so stuck in the frustration of failing yesterday that I could not move on to making a better choice today. Thank God for the new mercies available to us each day. (And for second and third and fourth chances.)

A verse that I read again this week has been challenging me in many ways. It is a verse I have looked at before, but it had a fresh meaning. (I love that God's Word is living and active and ALWAYS applicable.)

Micah 6:8 says "He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly, and to love mercy (kindness), and to walk humbly with your God."

I can honestly say that I had stopped walking. I was actually sitting--immobile. And I was not in any way humble. I was so sure I could function well without God.

So this is where I am starting. To stand up and start walking with God, in Him, not in myself. I also am working to do a better job of loving kindness. Here I am enjoying the benefits of God's mercy, but I am not extending it to others so this HAS to change.

A place to start. A God who loves me and forgives me. A new day to make the right and wise choice. Another step in the right direction. :-)

No comments: