Thursday, April 8, 2010

Today I am Thankful for...

...the thunderstorm last night. I LOVE thunderstorms. Even though we were under a tornado watch for the evening and there were moments that the storm was intense, I still LOVED it. Storms for me are a tangible reminder of my AWESOME God. His power and restraint, His majesty and beauty are all displayed in a thunderstorm.

...the chance to get away for a day this week with my family. We are headed to Chicago to go to one of the museums and hopefully to spend some time with family up there. I am looking forward to this day away and excited to watch my kids as they are awed and amazed by God's creation (even if the museum misses it).

...insurance. Aaron's new company has some great benefits and one of them is their eye insurance. And today we had to use it for Alex. He is now the proud owner of a pair of glasses. (Pictures to follow.) He was so funny when we left the office this morning. He kept looking over the top of the glasses and then through them comparing the blurry to the clear. He was astounded by the way they corrected his vision. For me, I was just sorry we didn't know sooner that he needed the glasses in the first place.

...my sister and brother-in-law. They have helped us out tremendously with the older boys this week. It is Spring Break week and since we don't do a week long vacation we needed a place for the boys. (Stephen and Emma are able to go to their normal sitter for the week.) John and Laura have been amazing in helping us. THANKS!!!

No comments: