Thursday, April 15, 2010

Roller Coaster--WHEEEEE

Well our family is once again having a CRAZY week. And it's not the normal kind. (Can crazy actually ever be normal?)


I have ridden an emotional roller coaster this week, and I am happy to say that I survived, and I currently feel such great peace. God is good.


I have been praying for the past 3-4 weeks about some decisions that could bring change to our family. (These are good changes...) On Sunday night I had a dream and when I woke up I knew that God had just spoken to me in regards to what I had been praying about. I was stoked...and by that time it was Monday morning. (Monday morning and being wound up don't usually go hand in hand for me.)


I got to work on Monday, still prayerful about the specifics of proceeding with what God had told me to do. Then it happened...I got blindsided. (Then it truly felt like Monday.) However, it only proceeded to get worse from there.


In the middle of the roller coaster ride, I called Aaron to talk to him about the craziness. (I love how God has time and time again used Aaron to be the voice of the Holy Spirit in my life. Again, God is good.) Aaron gently and lovingly reminded me that God still expected me to be obedient to what He had told me to do and that I wasn't responsible for others correct or incorrect behavior.


So I continued with my day. And as I said, it got worse...I cried, I vented, I prayed, I got MAD, I cried, I talked it out, I prayed it out, and I cried.


By the end of the day I was able to look at everything without the emotional baggage (I was too exhausted at that point), and while I was still hurting I could trust that God had me on this journey for a reason. And He obviously had a different plan than what I thought it might be. Not only that, but He gave me my answer in His perfect timing and He was not at all surprised by what I found out the next morning.


Now it is Thursday and I feel good. I have a meeting on Tuesday of next week that will hopefully bring about answers, but it will also allow me to be obedient-and that is the most important part of that meeting for me.


I generally like amusement park roller coasters, but not so much the emotional roller coasters we sometimes have to ride. However, the best part is when you get off. The thrill, the rush is over and while the adrenaline may still be pumping, you are once again on sure footing. God is that sure foundation and while there are times my life feels like it is up and down and upside down, I know the One who has me firmly planted in His hand. I am safe.

No comments: