Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful for...

...the way God has worked out details. But I am getting ahead of myself so let me rewind.

If you have followed my blog for the past week or so, you will notice a very depressing tone a few posts back. For the past few months my depression has become a very difficult thing to continue to cover up. I have been experiencing some new and changing symptoms so I then began to reconsider whether I was falsely diagnosing the symptoms as depression alone. Along with the struggle of depression I have also not slept well in years. This combination has been an "easy" out in thinking I knew what was going on with my body and mind. As things began to come to a point where I was no longer able to handle things (I have had a few breakdowns in the past week) I began to realize that my symptoms had gone from mental and psychological toward physical.

I had a sleep study done a week ago and have a follow up appointment scheduled with the pulmonary doctor for this coming week. I figured that I would try to make an appointment to see my family doctor as well. It was like a light bulb moment when I thought about the physical symptoms and realized I may need to have my thyroid rechecked. (I have had problems with it in the past.) So I had blood work done Tuesday.

Yesterday I sat down with two guys that I work with who are amazing Christ followers. They prayed with me and over me and it was AMAZING! One of the guys prayed that like the woman in the New Testament that I would be able to "see and touch the hem of His garment" and find healing.

This prayer for me was yet another God moment. I have been singing phrases of an amazing Nicole C Mullen's song for the past week. It was one of those random things. I couldn't recall the entire song and hadn't heard it for a while. After the prayer yesterday I went home and searched until I found the song, then downloaded it and have been playing it since then. I wanted to share the words with you.

ONE TOUCH
Been ostracized for 12 years
I’m used to being alone
Spent everything I had
And now it’s gone
I’m used to being put down
My issues tell it all
My only hope is anchored
In this fall

If I could just touch the hem of His garment
I know I’d be made whole
If I could just press my way through this madness
His love would heal my soul
If only one touch

So many people calling
How could He ever know
That just a brush of Him
Would stop the flow
If he knew would He rebuke me
Or shame me to the crowd
Well I’m desperate ‘cause it’s never or it’s now

Suddenly He turned around
He said somebody has unleashed my power
Well, Frightened and embarrassed I bowed
You see I told Him of my troubles
And how…

I had to touch the Hem of His garment
And I know I’ve been made whole
And how I had pressed my way through the madness
And His love has healed my soul
Then with one word

He touched the hem of my garment
And you know I’ve been made whole
And somehow He pressed His way through my madness
And His love has healed my soul
I tell you He touched me
He reached way down and touched me
When no one else would touch me
Jesus, He touched me…
And I know I’ve been made whole

Isn't God the coolest?! I love how He coordinates the littlest details of our lives. He led me to solutions, to the words of a song that were then prayed over me. I also love how He leads people to be His Words even when they don't realize it.

The even cooler thing is that this morning the doctor's office called me about my blood work. My thyroid is not functioning properly and so I will be talking to my doctor on Monday about medication to begin to regulate my thyroid function. God heals; sometimes it involves a doctor and medication and other times He chooses to perform a miracle. Either way God touched me...

No comments: