Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Milestone

Well, something I thought might very well never happen, did in fact happen last night. I actually enjoyed one of my husband's softball games with all four of my children. They all hung out with me on the bleachers and for the most part were well behaved (other than a few sibling issues).

It is amazing to think about the fact that we have arrived at a stage in our lives where the outcome of an outing like this is pleasant for everyone. I used to dread softball games because I ended up leaving frazzled and tired, let alone the fact that the game I was there to see had been played and I seemed to miss it.

The fact is that our children are getting older. Life is changing. In some ways that is exciting and on the other hand, a little sad. But the truth is we have been blessed with four amazing children, who have issues at times, but for the most part are well-behaved, lovely children to be around. Life happens so fast and the milestones are too often missed in the busyness. I am grateful that the Holy Spirit prompted me to be mindful of the event that had just taken place.

Now if only we could get to the milestone of "no more diapers."

1 comment:

Jen F. said...

Thank you for reminding me that these days are fleeting! That it won't always be this way and someday I will miss it!