Monday, August 25, 2008

Time Is Flying

Wow, the past week has been crazy. The boys are all getting back into the school routine. Alarms go off in the morning and the day begins. Emma is still trying to adjust to no playmates during the mornings. I am too.

I love the routine of the fall though. The days have a rhythm to them now. I have always picked summer as my favorite time of year, but with every year it seems to be that fall is becoming the new favorite.

But with every year I also see my kiddos get bigger and learn more and become more independent of mommy. That is hard, but God has recently reminded me that in raising them the end result is their release. It makes me pray all the harder that when that time comes they are equipped and confident in who they are and Who is always by their side.

My goal is that in the craziness and routine of life that I will always pray for, with and over these precious gifts and also enjoy those moments when they still want mommy.

2 comments:

Jen F. said...

Your children are incredibly blessed to have parents who not only love them, but who daily pray for their futures!

Thank you for this great reminder of the fact that our children are His and that we are blessed to be able to care for them until it is time to release them. Makes me sad to know they'll grow ever more independent, but at the same time I am full of faith and joy that He will fill in the gaps where I fall short!

Deanna said...

Hoorah! I just discovered your blog!!! :)

Hope that you are doing well! We're getting ready for Aaron's first day of kindergarten tomorrow.... it's hard to believe how quickly the time goes!