Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Winds of Change...

Do you ever sense that change is just around the corner? Maybe it is just that school is about to begin and when that happens I see huge changes in my family each year, or maybe it is the Holy Spirit preparing me for something else. Maybe it is that fall is just around the corner and change can be seen on a daily basis in nature.

Whatever it is, I am sensing that change is about to happen. As a self-confessed control freak I am never at complete peace during these times. Change can be good and sometimes it can be hard and end up hurting.

I find myself asking God a lot of questions right now. My problem is trying to remember to be still and let myself hear His answers. There are things happening around me that in some ways directly affect me and in other ways indirectly affect me. Some of those things are troubling and hurtful and I want to understand.

Who knows what the future holds? Not me, but I do love and trust the only One who does, so for now that should be enough. I am a work in progress with letting that be enough. He has never let me down before, so let the winds start blowing...

No comments: