Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Updates

We are busy busy busy.


Stephen had his first soccer game this last Sunday afternoon, which as you might guess makes our Sunday's very busy. His team won. We honestly don't know what the final score was as his team was quite dominant. He is really enjoying soccer again and he knew a few of the boys on his team from school, so it seems to be a good thing.


The girl's team that I coach is doing really well too. We face the challenge of having only 13 on our roster, which means we have only two substitutes per game. Well, last Friday I only ended up having 11 girls able to play. This meant they would have to play the entire game with no subs. They won decidedly 7-4. It was a great game. The ref for that game complimented me on their conditioning and ability to outplay the other team for the entire game. (I was pretty proud of them too.) Yesterday we played our first regular season home game, and they won again, 5-2. The winds yesterday were a huge factor in the game as there were balls that when put into the air seemed to hit an invisible wall or go in the opposite direction. I lost my coach's visor off my head a few times. I am ready for some spring like weather that sticks around.


Alex and Jack have enjoyed running lines for home soccer games for me. They like to chase after the ball and pass it to the girls as needed.


Emma is as busy as ever. We have been trying to teach her to be still and not to feel the need to talk so much. She would talk all day if we let her. We are trying to teach her respectful boundaries and yet allow her to be heard. Some days my ears are just tired. (My mom used to tell me that too.)


Work is busy for me. The Easter Egg Hunt is about a week and a half away. There are lots of details to work through and things to finish up, but no matter what...the date is getting closer. I am excited about the day, but quite honestly I am also looking forward to not having this event be so consuming. My office is overflowing with bags of candy and eggs and it is beginning to drive me a bit crazy.


Aaron is doing well. He has been doing a lot of extra things around the house over the past few weeks. He has basically taken over the laundry and cooking in addition to making sure the kids are taken care of. I am so very blessed. It is wonderful to have a partner in this life that steps in and fills the gaps during certain seasons of life. While I do miss cooking and taking care of my family, I know that soon I will be available to do that again and in the meantime things are being handled just fine. I thank God for Aaron!


Well, that is life in our household lately. Busy but good!

No comments: