Friday, April 15, 2011

God Wins!

I think often times as Christ followers we feel guilty when we struggle with our emotions. Or with fears. Or with frustration at how the sinfulness of this world seems to be taking over.  I know I do.

Over the past week, we have heard some difficult news that as adults we have wrestled with and then having to tell our children has made it all the more painful.  I have cried out to God. I have gotten angry. I have gotten bitter at times.  And then in the midst of my tantrum, I am reminded to lay it at the cross. To give it up. To stop trying to fix it. To surrender to the One who knows all things.

No matter what circumstances we are asked to face we are told to be content. To have no fear, for He has overcome this world and all the troubles in it.

I was struck this week by how fatalistic we can be, even as Christians. And yet we have the amazing blessing of knowing the end of the story. We have been given the final chapter. We, who know Christ, are more than conquerors.  God wins! When all of this life is said and done, we get to live in the presence of God for eternity. And the devil will be sent packing FOREVER! Sin will be gone. Evil will be gone. Sickness will be gone.  Because, GOD WINS!!  Take hope. Be joyful. Don't lose sight of the ending.  He Wins!

No comments: