Monday, March 28, 2011

What a Difference a Week Makes

It is hard to believe that a week ago we were enjoying warm temperatures and spring like weather. This past week it was a very different story with some days not even getting out of the 30's. COLD!!! Plus we had a dusting of snow one day this last week and they are saying it is possible again in the next few days. The only difference in this round of cold weather is that for the most part there has been sunshine with it. We are once again seeing our calendar fill up with lots of things. We are beginning to see those end of the school year programs and field trips coming up. This week kicks off the official soccer season for my varsity girls team and Stephen has begun soccer practices as well. Aaron has started Church softball practices too. Never a dull moment. We are just under three weeks until the BIG Easter Egg Hunt here at the church. My office is filled with candy and plastic eggs. We are asking for volunteers and finalizing a lot of details. It seems to have crept into most areas of my day for work. Everyone is doing fine right now. Thank goodness. Emma is struggling to get fully well after having a double ear infection then strep throat. We seem to finish up the antibiotics and then she starts complaining again. Hopefully she is finished with being sick for awhile. I am looking forward to spring and summer for many reasons. But I also know that these seasons in our lives are flying by. It is incredible to think just how fast time passes and it is important not to try and rush through these precious moments. I have to keep reminding myself of the need to slow down and enjoy my children and their childhood. I am blessed.

No comments: