Sunday, August 8, 2010

Change

Change seems almost too simple a word to describe the last few weeks. And yet it clearly describes the state of our lives.

Last weekend Aaron brought me out to PA so that I could begin my new position as the Director of Children's Ministry at Grace Church in Lititz. We spent that Saturday looking at possible housing. In light of the fact that we have yet to sell our house in IN we were just trying to get an idea about the housing market and options. Then on Sunday I took him to the airport so that he could go back to IN for work and to be with the kids. I cried!

This last week was spent trying to figure out some of the ins and outs of the new job. I had quite a few meetings and also lots of questions. I spent Thursday and Friday at a conference. I was able to build relationships and was able to hear some amazing speakers.

Thursday night was really hard for me for some reason. I was missing my family like crazy. I still hadn't found a place for all of us to move into. I wanted to have more things in my new position figured out. I was really missing my kids and my husband. I cried!

Friday, I was really emotional and found myself crying on the phone with my sister, listening to an amazing message that was just what I needed to hear, and really missing my family. I cried!

Friday night came and I made a call to Aaron to talk. It was not a "normal" conversation, but I just figured he was distracted. We made plans for another phone call later that night. So I waited. At 10:30 I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't be able to stay awake until he called, however within 10 minutes my phone rang. About that time, I had a knock on my door and in walked Stephen and Emma. Just behind them was Aaron and his dad, Larry. I cried!

I had an amazing weekend. I got to hang out with two of my kids and with my husband and my father-in-law. It was great. I couldn't stop smiling. It was wonderful to see their faces and to touch them and hug them. It was such a blessing and as only God can do, it was perfectly timed.

While I know that they are in the process of going back to IN even as I type this, I am smiling and living in the happiness of having spent time with them.

There have been many tears shed over the past few weeks. But there have been a lot of smiles as well. God is good! He provides for our needs, emotionally and physically. I know that He is in control and that He will provide housing and a job for Aaron. I know that He will help my babies adjust. He is faithful and good and He loves me. Oh, How He Loves Me!!!

No comments: