Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We are ALIVE!

The last few weeks have been crazy busy. I finished up my job at WCC on Friday, July 16th. We had a garage sale on the 17th. Then on the 18th we headed off for a week of vacation. We spent the week in KY on Lake Cumberland. It was relaxing and fun.

This week we are back in IN, for me it is just until Friday. On Friday I will head off for the next adventure in our lives. I will head to PA to begin my job as Director of Children's Ministry at Grace Church in Lititz. Aaron still has a few weeks of work remaining and then he and the kids will come out as well. Emotionally I am going between flat out denial and being an emotional wreck. It is hard to picture what the next few weeks will look like. I do know that where I am going I will be welcomed and loved on and cared for. I also know that my kids and my hubby will be taken care of in IN while they finish up whatever God has for them here. AHHH yes the emotional roller coaster that is my life.

God and I have been having some long conversations lately. I really expected this to play out so differently. But God has seen fit to do things a bit differently and I honestly don't understand it, but I am learning to accept it.

A few weeks ago, I got a new phone. Each morning I get a "verse for the day" sent to me. Today it was Isaiah 43:2 " When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you." For me this verse spoke such comfort to me. God reminded me once again that He "has my back." He has it all under control and He is taking care of everything. He is with me! What joy and comfort there is in that knowledge!

P.S. I will plan to post some pictures of our vacation before I leave for Pennsylvania. :-)

No comments: