Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Desperate

What are you desperate for?

I posted this morning on Facebook that I was "desperate for coffee." Almost immediately, I was convicted about the fact that to start my day I depend on coffee and not my God and time with Him alone. Yes, some days I feel desperate for quiet time and alone time, but again it strikes me as a HUGE problem in my personal life that I am not seeking the One who can fill me up and sustain me.

I am still wrestling with this issue personally today and I hope for quite some time. I want to know God in ways that can only be known when I am desperate for Him and Him alone. When we are desperate for something we will try to get it by whatever means are necessary. It becomes our priority. We surrender to the desperation. This is how I want my personal relationship with God to look. I know that surrender and desperation don't sound ideal or comfortable, but the reality is that in those moments there is amazing freedom and peace.

So, what are you desperate for today?

By the way-the coffee was really good this morning. :-)

No comments: