Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thought for the day

Obedience



This word keeps stalking me. That is the only term that comes close to describing what has been happening in my life. It keeps showing up in my quiet times with God, my more public Bible study time, the sermons I have listened to lately, conversations I have been a part of, and it just seems to be everywhere.



Now for many people who know Aaron and me and all the "stuff" that is going on in our lives right now, you are probably not surprised. In fact, I have shared before about how we are asking God to reveal Himself and His will to us so that we can be obedient. This truly has become a theme in our lives lately.

Aaron and I have taken some steps of obedience and we are currently in a stage of waiting on God. It amazes me that even in the waiting, God is still driving home the point of obedience. You see, I don't believe for one moment that God is "coincidental". I believe that He orchestrates the details of our lives. That means to me that He knows I must still need to learn about obedience or be encouraged to continue in obedience, so He is placing people and passages and sermons in my pathway.

The crazy thing is that I think the enemy is also aware of what God is trying to teach me. And he is so good at getting me to second guess the steps we have already taken, to doubt what I know that God has told me or promised me, or to discourage me in the waiting.

So, I keep reminding myself of a few things:
  1. Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world.
  2. He loves me, Oh how He loves me.
  3. His Word is a light to my path.
  4. He came to give abundant (joy-filled) life.
  5. He rewards obedience!
No matter what I FEEL or don't FEEL-He has a plan for me. My job is to listen to His voice and to obey!

No comments: