Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Boys vs. Girls

Boys and girls truly are different. It is something we never really noticed until we were blessed with Emma. As a young toddler she gravitated toward play kitchens and dolls, the boys always loved trucks, trains, and cars. As she gets older she continues to process and do things differently from her brothers.

This was made evident once again at the zoo on Monday. (I actually was told by my husband to use a vacation day and go with my sister (who was watching my kiddos) to the zoo. It was one of the best "hookie" days I have ever had.) As we were looking at many different animals, the boys would quickly look in a cage and then say something to the effect of, "There are 4 monkeys in there." Emma however would look in the same cage and say, "That one is the daddy, that one is the mommy, that one is the brother, and that one is the baby."


Emma loved that there were animals with their babies, so did I.



After the zoo on Monday the kids were outside and had found an insect of some sort. The boys were attempting to catch it to inspect it. Emma however was following it around saying "Hey there buddy, how are you today?"


I love the diverseness of our children and I love how it is a reflection of God's creativity. Here are some more pictures of God's creativity in nature.

No comments: