Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today I am Thankful for...

...warmth and sunshine. The past few days have been absolutely awesome. I am a summer girl and love the heat. I also love what this weather allows; such as picnics, backyard soccer games, lots of bike riding, gorgeous flowers, freezer pops on the deck... Plus, the sunshine seems to make people happier-such a blessing when you work in a counseling center-those counselors can be so grumpy (just kidding). :-)

...my kid's teachers. We are once again at the end of another school year. It is hard to believe that in just a few short days I will have a 1st grader, a 3rd grader and (gasp) a 5th grader. (Our baby will also be a preschooler.) This year has been a blast. We have watched our kids deal with typical school issues, but each of them has come through beautifully. I know that most of that is attributed to the great teachers who have taught them and led them this year. My prayer for them is that they will find rest and refreshment this summer so that they will be ready to do it all over again for another set of kids in the fall.

...my God. He is faithful and trustworthy.

No comments: