Friday, May 14, 2010

Pet Peeves (Part 2)

If you didn't get to experience part one, feel free to check it out here.

  1. Why do some people think that if they call the office every 10 minutes and leave a message they might get a quicker response? Seriously, leave a message and know that people do listen to those messages and will get back to you! And when I say, it can take up to 24-48 hours for calls to be returned that is exactly what I mean.
  2. When people have a case of the chronic need to call, do they really think that I don't recognize their voice?
  3. Also, if you have a missed call and a voicemail, PLEASE listen to the voicemail first and then call the number back. The voicemail will probably provide you with the place you are calling, the person you are calling back, and the reason for you to call back. Without the information provided in the voicemail, it is a little difficult to help.
  4. I am a receptionist, not a secretary. I can transfer you to someone's extension and voicemail, but I do not usually deliver personal messages. And even if I did take a personal message and it's not a life or death situation, it will probably still take the said 24-48 hours.

In all reality, I love my job. I love the fact that our building offers hope and help to those that are hurting and in need. However, there are days when I would love to take the phone and throw it into the dumpster. It has been one of those weeks. :-)

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Ahh, the joys of working in mental health....

Pardon me though, I need to stop typing now so that I can call you then call you again then call you again then call you again..... :)