Thursday, September 17, 2009

Today I am Thankful for...

...Austin, a friend of Alex's who has been fighting a third round of cancer, had a scan today. All that was found a spec. The doctor's are calling it a phenomenon. I know that it is the healing power of God. So many friends and families have gathered around Austin and his family during the past few months and it is amazing to see God work through them. God is good-ALL THE TIME.



...the sounds of my kids. I love to hear the sounds of them playing together outside. The sounds of Emma repeating whatever Dora or Diego are repeating. The laughter as they are being tickled or chased by daddy. Their sweet voices as they pray.


...the sounds of fall. There is something musical about hearing the wind through the leaves that are turning colors. It is a great sound to fall asleep to, like I did last night. I was realizing that the wind in the leaves truly sounds different in the fall. It's a beautiful song.


...a night away with my husband. After Alex plays his first football game on Saturday, Aaron and I are headed to Indy for the night. We will be attending the Kenny Chesney concert and will get to eat out and sleep in a hotel, all stuff that we don't tend to do with the children in tow. I am looking forward to enjoying my husband's friendship this weekend.

No comments: