Friday, September 11, 2009

Remember

9/11


These numbers, this date is seared into our brains as a fateful day when tragedy struck our land. Evil men took down buildings with planes, and with those buildings and planes the lives of many people were lost.

But today as I think back, I remember the good out of that day. I remember the families that gathered together "just because" and the strangers that gathered to pray and give blood. I remember the heroes that gave their lives so more would live. I remember the stories of "I was supposed to be on that flight" or "I was running late to work." I remember the churches that were filled. The people who cried out for hope and peace and found them in Christ. The patriotism that stirred once again. The days of peace we have had since then.

Many tears will be shed today in remembrance, many prayers will be lifted for those whose lives will never be the same. But as we remember, let us also remember the blessings of God that were given to us because of 9/11.

No comments: