Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What's the deal?

I got an e-mail from a department store this morning. It was advertising a new toy that has just been released, but was only available on-line at this time. (Elmo Live) This toy's cost is $59.99. WOWSER!!! And for a toy that you have to buy batteries for, that will probably drive you insane, and will either get broken or forgotten within a matter of weeks. So I decided to just take a look, for curiosities sake, and when I got to the webpage, there was a message that said, "This product is no longer available." Meaning=It's sold out! Within a matter of less than 4 hours from receiving the e-mail this product is sold out, I am guessing it didn't last nearly that long in the first place. This is a large department store chain, so I know that this isn't just for "little old" Warsaw, Indiana.
I have had and currently have children that LOVE Elmo, but I don't understand the obsession with these toys. Can anyone explain it?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I certainly can't explain it.... but I DID receive the email, too!