Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Transitions

Well, this week has been full of changes for our family. I started back to work full-time and that has created some new dynamics in our home.
Emma is now in daycare during the day. Her first two days seemed to go quite smoothly, but when I dropped her off for the third day it was a different story. For all the parents out there, have you ever held your child without actually holding them, meaning that they have such a death grip on you that you can remove your hold on them completely and they will not fall? She screamed and did not want to be put down. I think it was probably harder on me than her, as I was the one who had to just walk away. AHHHH! That is torture to this mommy's heart.
Stephen goes to preschool in the morning and then daycare in the afternoon. He loves it. He is such a social little person that to continue to "hang out" with friends is great for him.
The BIG difference is that we get to be together as a family in the evenings. It is wonderful to have dinner together, read, watch TV, work on homework together. It makes the family so much more complete. We all get to share together about our days. I LOVE IT!!!!!

No comments: