Thursday, October 23, 2008

AAAHHHHHHHH!

Okay, now that I have that off my chest!
Around our house, when it rains, it pours.
So last weekend, while we were being lazy, Emma got the flu. YUCK. In the middle of the night. DOUBLE YUCK! Even though Aaron and I were feeling like our stomachs were a little unsettled, thankfully no one else actually got sick.
UNTIL...
5:30 this morning. Stephen got sick. Fortunately with him, he can actually make it to the bathroom and there is less to clean up. Praise the Lord for little things.
Well, Aaron was going to get off work early to come get Stephen from me at work, so I took the other kids to daycare. While at daycare, dropping them off, Jackson says he is going to be sick. For him it was the other end. UGH! So I now had two kids to take with me to work until Aaron could get back from South Bend.
Well, on the way to the office, Stephen got sick again (in a bowl with a lid, thank goodness for that) and then Jackson had an accident in his pants, so we ended up heading home before my work day even had a chance to start.
To top off the past 24 hours, Emma fell off a chair and hit her ear on the corner of a piece of furniture and now has a pierced ear. It is not pretty. The corner of the furniture went through the cartilage of her upper ear and actually caused a scrape on her head behind her ear. The one good thing in all of this is that she is now letting me put "pretties" in her hair to keep it off of her ear. Progress! I guess sometimes you just take it as you can get it. :-)
All of this is happening about 24 hours before I am to leave for the weekend.
AAAHHHHHHH!
(Guess I wasn't done.)

No comments: