Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ramblings

We have had a crazy week or two. Life is busy. Aaron started his new job along with having a few basketball practices thrown in. The church is getting ready for the holiday season as well as changing our service times, which has required a lot of extra hours for me.

The down time we have had we have tried to spend together. Last weekend, Aaron and I went on our first date since mid-July. It was wonderful.

The stomach virus hit again this week. This time it was me that was taken out by this round. It was awful. I am still not feeling great. I can't eat a lot yet. I am just so thankful that it happened this week instead of next. Hopefully I will be all set to eat tons of good Thanksgiving food.

This last week brought the boys first PA report cards and Parent-Teacher Conferences. The boys are doing really well. I was sick and unable to go to the conferences with Jack and Stephen's teachers but Aaron's report from them both were so great.

Jackson's teacher said that when she wants something done she will typically ask Jack to do it. She knows that when she asks him that it will be done and done well.

Stephen's teacher said that she uses him as an example to the other kids of how they should be behaving.

Some funny stories out of Stephen's conference were:
  • She said that when Stephen is at his desk reading a bomb could go off behind him and he would never notice. (I have no idea where that trait comes from.) :-)
  • A couple of days ago the word of the day was "of". She was trying to get Stephen to use it in a sentence. She started the sentence "Stephen is the son of..." (Thinking he would say Aaron and Heidi.) Stephen looks at her and says "God." (That's my boy!)

It is hard to believe that one week from today the holiday season is officially upon us. I am so excited to spend time with family.

Our family has had a "thankful vase" since the beginning of November. We each write something we are thankful for on a piece of paper, share it with the family, and then put it into the vase. While we have not done it every night, it has been fun to watch the vase fill with papers over the past few weeks. It is a great reminder in the midst of the craziness of everything that we are truly blessed.

Hopefully over the next few weeks I will be more consistent with posting to the blog. I have some thoughts for some weekly posts. We will have to see...

No comments: