Friday, September 24, 2010

A rambling post

This last week was filled with much fun and adventure as well as many long and difficult times. This post will focus on the fun and adventure.


My mother flew out last Saturday night to spend some time with us and also to surprise my grandfather. On Monday night we attended a banquet for the organization my mother works for, CE National. At this banquet my grandfather was honored with an award, "The Faithful Servant Award." For many years he has given of his time and energy to serve others in many many ways. The impact he has made for the Kingdom is amazing. He began to suspect that something was up when he arrived at the banquet and there was a table reserved just for our group.




But he did not fully understand until the moment his name was said.


Realization


Reading the certificate


It was such a great night to honor such a great man. I love my Grandpa!!!



We had another first in our house on Monday as well. Stephen lost his first tooth. It fell out at school and they gave him a little treasure chest to put it in and bring home. He was so excited. I am just happy to say that it only took the "tooth fairy" 4 nights to remember to take care of it. It is actually a bit difficult to see that one is missing as the adult tooth had already appeared behind the baby tooth. (Now Emma is determined that one of her teeth is loose too.)






The boys all participated on Thursday in the district "Run for Fitness" which is a fundraiser for the high school and upper middle school's cross country teams. Each class is divided by boys and girls and then they run those groups at staggered times. Stephen ran a 1/4 mile length while Jack and Alex ran a 1/2 mile. It is was interesting to watch how they did. The boys love to race each other and often times they will run just for fun. Jack especially loves to run. However, none of them placed in the top 5 (which would have qualified them for a county race in a few weeks) but they all finished.






Today Aaron and I attempted to go and get our driver's licenses and have our plates transferred. We found out that PA has some crazy ways of doing things. Needless to say that after driving through two counties and to three different places we finally found out all that we needed as well as the order in which things have to be done. So Saturday will be the day. We are armed and ready. It will be official that we are Pennsylvanians tomorrow. (Unless we run into more issues with PA's system of making motorists crazy.) :-)



On other notes of interest or not...it has been HOT. I love summer but I am ready for fall. After all it is football season. After a week of getting a taste of fall like temperatures this week has been a scorcher, with temperatures far above what is normal, by about 15-20 degrees. Tonight the temperatures are not to get below 70. On another note, the leaves are beginning to change. It is going to be absolutely gorgeous in the next few weeks. I am looking forward to getting some great pictures. As we were driving all over today, we drove one of my favorite stretches of road since I was a little girl. As we drove through that area, Aaron and I had a great little chat about the amazing God we love and serve. His handiwork is on display. Creation speaks of Him.



And to close this crazy rambling post, I couldn't have this post with out my baby's picture. She is a little cheese ball. And she is going through a stage where she is constantly asking for her picture to be taken. (She knows my phone has a camera so the request pops up at crazy times.)






And finally here is another picture from the banquet that I just could not resist posting. Our family loves food and when we gather it is usually centered around food. In fact it has been said recently that we migrate and graze, emphasis on the grazing. Oh how I love my family and of course FOOD.


No comments: