Monday, March 1, 2010

HOPE

Hope is powerful. Hope can cause a dark and gloomy day to be an invitation to live joyously. Hope can make the darkness not seem so dark.

For me today hope was the birds singing. They were chirping as if the trees were already in bloom, the grass was already green and the sky was blue. However, the reality is that it is grey and brown everywhere. As I sat at a stoplight, listening to the birds I realized how energized I was just by the hope of spring. I realized that hope provided me with a chance to have a positive day rather than being sucked into the depression the day looked to offer originally.

Hope is powerful. And the greatest part is that we have been given something greater than birds singing. We have been given the hope of salvation and life eternally with Christ. That hope produces joy and life to those who expectantly wait.

No comments: