Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wait for His Goodness

I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:13-14


The past few days I have felt a myriad of emotions. I have been thrilled and excited about the chance to shop for and give gifts to family and friends. I have been frustrated with the people rushing rudely through the stores. I have been saddened by our culture that would rather watch a man play golf than save his family. I have been in awe of God as He provided a huge offering from our church for missions work in the Dominican Repulic and also for our own community. I have been waiting in anticipation for the birth of my niece. I have been caught up in the hectic pace of this season. I have felt so exhausted and wanted to just run away from this mess. I have been reminded of the simple way that Christ came into this world and how very few even knew He was here.

I believe the verses above. I do see the goodness of the LORD. However, I fail to see it when I don't stop and wait for Him. So this is my goal for the next two weeks. Each time I am wished a Merry Christmas, or each time I am somehow reminded of this holiday season (rudely or otherwise) I will wait for the LORD and look for His goodness. What about you? Will you join me?

No comments: