Thursday, December 10, 2009

Today I am Thankful for...

...warmth. I have no idea why I have been allowed to have this gift while others do not. I only know that I am so very grateful. God knows that I have enough trouble staying warm even when it is not 7 degrees with a windchill of -13. I did want to go out this morning and pick up all the kids that had to walk to school and have them all pile into my van, it doesn't seem quite right to make a child endure this weather for more than is absolutely necessary.


...the perspective of giving it all away. Our kids are not asking about gifts and what they want. They are also really excited to go shopping for other kids this weekend. It is so amazing to watch them as they get into the spirit of giving. It is also fun to know that we are able to bring joy to others. I am so thankful that God has blessed us and that His message of serving and loving others is being "caught" by our kids.


...God's blessings and sovereignty in our lives. While we pray and hope to enjoy His blessings for many years, we also know that if it all was taken away we would still have the greatest blessing of all: Christ. God has blessed us with many things, but also with family, friends, and His grace. I am truly humbled and blessed and oh so grateful!

No comments: