Thursday, August 20, 2009

Today I am Thankful for...

...the little reminders of God's character. Earlier this week just after some storms blew through the area there was a rainbow. We happened to be driving at this time and the rainbow had become very bright, Jackson commented "It's one of God's masterpieces." This comment then led to an amazing discussion with my kids about God. Another little reminder came in the form of a hymn sing at our staff meeting. Those old hymns have a way of speaking to my heart and soul that is different than contemporary worship songs.


...a chance to meet Alex's new teacher. She is new to the school, but not to teaching. She is amazingly structured in her classroom, but not so much that she doesn't allow for the kids to be themselves and to learn without being left behind. I think it is going to be an amazing year for Alex. I would guess that half of the class were all friends from church before this year started. I am excited to see what God has in store for this class, teacher, and school. It's going to be powerful!


...an amazing time of prayer and Bible study with my husband last night. We were able to go to the church for Third Wednesday prayer between the class meeting and picking up the kids. This gave us a chance to talk and pray together on our knees. It was powerful. Then after the kids were in bed we spent time together working on a new Bible study that we are working through individually, as a couple, and with our small group. Again, I can't wait to see what God has in store for us.

No comments: