Friday, August 7, 2009

School Time

As the new background hints, it is that time of year again. School begins a week from Monday. It is hard to believe that in two weeks the boys will have the first week of school under their belts.

I love the return to school for many reasons. I love the routine of the school year most of all. I also love to watch my kids as they learn and grow. School also signals new beginnings. New friendships are made, new teachers are met, new knowledge is learned and shared, and new supplies are bought. I love the smell of school supplies, the fresh air smell that comes with summer ending and fall beginning. There is also comfort in the sounds of a new school year; the school bus coming through the subdivision, the sounds of the kids on the playground, the sound of a pencil and eraser as the kids work on their homework.

My kids love school and it's return. So do I.

No comments: