Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Surrender and Silence

Depressed stressed anxious
confused frustrated
scared lonely



All of these words are words I could use to describe parts of my life lately. And as I talk with other women and moms they too can "feel my pain." Why? Most, if not all of us would quickly admit to being extremely blessed and loved, not only by others but ultimately by God.

Is God asking me to wait (which is so very hard to do) or am I missing God?

Is He answering my cries with answers I don't want to hear or am I asking the wrong questions?

I don't know, probably for each of us the answer could vary. But God has never been anything other than faithful, so that leaves the problem at my doorstep. What do I do with that revelation? I think it begins with surrender and silence. Surrender to ask God to do His will-not mine-and silence to listen and KNOW He is God.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

My precious Heidi - I also can relate. I am going through a lot of unanswered questions and feel FRUSTRATED. Last year I went thorough a very rough time and just couldn't seem to find my way out. I read "Get Out of the Pit" by Beth Moore and it gave me alot of peace. Remember too that God gives us seasons and every so often he changes the season in order for us to have the opportunity to change the way we show Christ in our lives. Just like the seasons there is freshness in change - like a pure white snow or the buds on a tree - He breathes new life into us. It is scary, but He always pulls us towards Him and holds us - he never pushes us away. Embrace the changes He is bringing. Remember that I am never more than an e-mail away - I can't wait to see you in a few weeks and give you a hug - there's that closeness thing again! I love you!!

Aunt Kimberly