Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Mommy's Ears are Tired"

I can vaguely remember this being said to me as a child. And oh how life cycles around to the point where there are times I have to say this same phrase to my daughter. She is turning into quite the talker. And it's usually a monologue of various topics which change quite rapidly.

In fact over the weekend at church I had two different volunteers stop me to comment on her conversational abilities.

Then today, her teacher sent me the following email...

Just spent time coloring with Emma and she was chatting up a storm! About you and Aaron going to someplace warm and they have to stay here! And how the whole family is going to France. Next to how she threw up in the car on the way here from Indiana…all over her stuffie and mommy had to clean it. Then onto her cousins Andrew and Lucas…they have a dog and a cat. The dog ran away once but it came back.  I went to see Pastor Doug and Renee with mommy yesterday. We went to visit baby Clara. I saw their dog! I was outside playing before we left so I had to come in and wash my hands. My brothers stayed home with daddy, just me and mommy went cause (one of her brothers…can’t remember which she said at this point) was grounded but he didn’t know it! 

Oh how I sat here and laughed. This is just the tip of the conversation and I would be curious to know just how much Ms. Kennedy was able to say during this time.

I also love finding out things when she talks...like her brother being grounded and he didn't know it. I don't know which brother she is referring to and why she thought that is why they didn't go see the baby.

Oh my, my ears are tired. (But at the same time, I really do love hearing what she has to say. I also love seeing her personality and love of people coming through.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did get a few words in...a few "really?", "Wow","uh huh" and " when did that happen?". I must admit though, that one of the best parts of my job is being able to sit and simply listen to my students talk!