Monday, March 16, 2009

The changing of seasons

I love spring. I love the fact that in just a few days it will officially be spring.

Here in Indiana, Sunday was a beautiful day. I actually spent the afternoon cleaning. There is something about opening the windows and getting some fresh clean air circulating through the house that just gets me excited. It is also a great time to reorganize and purge. And it was absolutely the best background music to hear the birds singing.

I am thrilled that the next few days are supposed to be warmer and much more like spring than winter. YEA!!!

I was thinking about how our lives are like seasons. We often have to walk through the dead of winter where life can be overwhelming, depressing, and harsh. But the glorious truth is that at the end of winter, new life emerges and spring arrives. I am enjoying this spring time in my soul. God has granted me such a gift in coinciding the coming of the season of spring with the renewal and strengthening of my soul. It is such a great reminder of who HE is and how much HE loves me.

No comments: