Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Been Awhile

It has been awhile since I have posted anything. We have been dealing with some tough issues in our household.

Alex is struggling with school. His grades have drastically dropped in the past two months. He has not been completing work or bringing it home. We have caught him in many lies. We have taken privileges away until his grades improve. He really wants to play Pee Wee Football this year and to play he knows that his grades as well as his behavior have to improve. It is hard to believe the change that has come over him in the past few months. First quarter he made High Honor Roll and then last time he got one "B" so he was on the Honor Roll. Now he is not getting any "A's" at all and even is close to failing in a class. We have increased his ADHD medicine recently and are just at a loss as to how to help him. God has gifted Alex with such amazing smarts and abilities. It is hard to see him not using those gifts. We are praying that Alex will find a motivation or a change in habits that propels him forward. If you have any advice or ideas that may help-please feel free to pass those along.

Another hardship in our household has been the continuation of my depression. It has been close to a year that this has been going on and I am very ready to be at a point where I could walk out of this heaviness. God has revealed many truths to me over the past year, but it continues to be a struggle to even function some days. I am on a medicine that as I continue on it hopefully will bring some help. I am also going to be seeing a counselor to talk through some issues that have come to the surface within the past few months. I believe that God is sovereign and that He knows exactly what I need and can handle right now. However, most days I feel like it is too much, but that is precisely why I am not God. :-)

Emma has also been having night terrors about two to three times a week. This of course causes a disruption in everyone's sleep. This morning she was up at 5:30. Of course, that meant that I was up too. She would not give in and go back to sleep. She is a stubborn one. (I have no idea where she gets that--must be her daddy.) Hopefully she will nap well at daycare and come home in a better mood.

Jackson and Stephen are doing well. They are both enjoying school and being with all their friends. Stephen had been going through a phase where he didn't want to be anywhere but with us. That seems to have passed and he is enjoying school, daycare, and church again. Thankfully!

No comments: